Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Coke Blak

I got a taste of this new drink today. I have no clue how long it's been in the market, but I purchased a few bottles just two days back. The packaging looked neat and the new dark brown and black bottle was a welcome respite. The drink was not. The ad says it's a fusion beverage, but I'd prefer to call it confusion. It tastes of cola, coffee, hazelnut, and something else that I can't place in my mind right away (although the ad claims "Experience the fusion of coke effervescence with coffee essence"). The last thing it did was inspire my mind, not to mention the headache I had thereafter. The quest to increase market share by an infinitesimal percent and outdo the competitors is giving rise to these terrible concoctions. As I write, I wonder what else is brewing!

No comments: